Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day weekend at the Beach



We went to Araha Beach today. It is a very nice beach in Chatan (a little south of Kadena Air Base, actually very near Camp Foster.) The lion-dog by the sign is a symbol that protects against evil spirits. It is found everywhere! They are outside most homes, public buildings, and even at the gates of the base. The ship that the kids are playing on is a replica of one that actually crashed off the island and the Okinawan's rescued the British sailors. I love the warm tropical water. We have found Shangri-La!

5 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Haynes family, you all look like you are having fun. The water looks so pretty. Michael looks like he was protecting his ship. I love the picture of him and Erika.

Dad said...

What a beautiful place! The beach is a great place for a hot muggy day. Does it remind you of Springfield summer weather or is it better than that.

Anonymous said...

I hope I have finnaly figured this thing out. I set up a response account on Dad's e-mail account and it went right through. Maybe there is a problem because I used my e-mail account on this one. Wish me luck!!!!!
MOM

Anonymous said...

Well, That one went through when I jumped through all their hoops! Maybe now I will be able to figure this thing out!

Marsha said...

We did have fun! The weather is hot and muggy, but there is usually a very nice ocean breeze, making it feel much better than Missouri's weather. But, ask me again in a few months, because this is how it is almost all year round. I may get tired of it.

Mom, you just need to remember that the "username" is your email address. Susie and I got confused over that in the beginning too.