We arrived in Okinawa at 9pm local time last night and made it to our temporary housing around 10pm. With 13 suitcases, Jessy's carseat and stroller, and 5 carry-on bags we were quite the sight, I'm sure. Our temp. housing is very small (a one-room apartment). With all the baggage, there wasn't much room. But today is better. We have managed to unload the important things from the luggage and have managed to organize our small space. We have made two trips out (walking, since we don't have driver's licenses or a car). This morning we went to the commissary in search of food. We did some basic grocery shopping then came back home to unpack, then relax. After a much needed nap, we went back to the BX to buy the kids' school supplies and get some needed supplies (like hangers!) We are happy, but jet lagged. The kids were fabulous on the plane trip. It was easier than I had expected. The things we bought for them to do on the plane kept them happy and entertained. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures except one from the trip because we had our hands full.
More to come!
1 comment:
(sigh) Oh I'm so happy to see your smiling faces. Good to hear everything went pretty easy once on your flights.
Welcome Home Haynes Family!!
Post a Comment