Today we picked up our cell phone. We now have a phone number (not that we know how it works yet. The buttons are in Japanese. We have to download an English instruction booklet. But, our new phone number is 080-3228-7063.
We were able to purchase a used wheelchair van today. It is a "Toyota Noah." (Car models are all different here.) It has an electric lift that comes out the back of the van. The seating inside that back cabin is not quite as nice as our stateside van, but we were surprised to even be able to get one here. We do not get to pick it up until Friday (they are doing maintanance and getting the registration, road tax, and insurance taken care of for us.) When we get it, I will post pics. The man who sold us the van is going to watch out for a small "Nissan Cube" for us to purchase as a second vehicle. Then, we will be all set!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on the phones and car. Have you all gotten your first 1000 pounds you sent first?? Anything you are missing that you wished you had brought with you??
Our first 1000 pounds is here, but we won't get it until we move into our house. (Which is really a good thing. Imagine if I had to find space in this 1 bedroom apartment for that 1000 pounds of stuff! (Remember, it had Jessy's bed, his wheelchair, our kitchen supplies, etc.) The only thing I really wish I had out of that 1000 pounds right now is my classroom supplies. But I will just have to wait. As for missing stuff, not yet, because I don't have my stuff at all. But, I'm sure I will find stuff I wish I had brought.
Post a Comment