Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's coming together!


Have you ever wondered what 1000 pounds of your belongings looks like? What would you put in it? That is what we have been working on. The movers are coming tomorrow to pick up our first shipment of 1000 pounds. This "unaccompanied baggage" will be flown to Okinawa and will be delivered to us soon after we arrive. It is the things that we will need most in our new home. Furniture is not included, so the table the stuff is sitting on is not going in this load. (Actually, due to the weight of the table, it will be going to storage, not going with us. Same with the china cabinet and fishtank in the background.)

2 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Oh wow!! Your picture brings back memories. What to take, what to leave. Remember to just take a break and breath. Happy packing!

Marsha said...

Thanks. I can imagine what that picture would be like for you. I certainly have not experienced anything like this before. After all, when I have moved (which hasn't been too many times in my life. . .) I have always taken EVERYTHING! It's hard to decide what is actually essential!