Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Pandas and Wolverines
Hi! We found out the school mascots for our new schools. I will be a Panda (with Jessy and Michael) and Greg and Erika will be Wolverines. We were wrong about being able to take our professional books and items without that being part of our weight allowance (not the first or last time, I'm sure). This rule is for military, only (we are civilians). So, we do have to count the weight of our classroom supplies. So, today, I spend the day sorting through my things trying to decide what was essential and what I could live without. It has to be a pretty quick decision. The movers come this Thursday (yes, in 3 days!) to get our first 1,000 pounds to send as "unaccompanied baggage." They come on Friday to come get the other 3,5oo pounds that will be sent to us in Okinawa. On Monday, they will return to pick up everything else that is going to storage. We are busy, busy, busy (and tired!) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment