Monday, August 25, 2008
Today's news
Well, all 3 kids are officially enrolled in school, but no one started school today. Both schools are working on putting the kids in classes. Erika and Michael will start school tomorrow. We have a meeting with the special ed team tomorrow afternoon to discuss Jessy's program needs. He will start school on Wednesday, once everyone is waiting for him. He will not be in my class (which I think is a good thing.) I am not the only mod/severe teacher at my school, so I actually have teammates! I got to see my classroom, meet some of my students and staff and met lots of the teachers at the school. I have a stack of employment paperwork to fill out. (ugh.) We spent the day running around. After spending about an hour at my school, we went back to the middle school to pick up more paperwork. Then, after lunch went to go get our ID cards. This was quite the time consuming task. We had to wait probably 45 minutes just to be called, only to find out that we needed our marriage certificate and the kids' birth certificates (in addition to the passports that we had with us.) So, we had to go back home and get them and then back to the ID office. After another hour we finally have ID cards. It is now 3pm our time and we are done dealing with bureaucracy for the day. Greg & I go tomorrow at 9am to get driver's licenses so we can rent a car and get around to get all this stuff done. Today we were fortunate enough that the middle school released one of their staff to be our chauffeur for the day (otherwise, we either would have died walking around in the muggy heat or would have spent a fortune on taxis.) We will keep you posted of our progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you are there and all ID'ed! Great idea to put Jesse in the tub. I'll bet you can't wait to get into your permanent housing. Looks quite cramped in your place. :)
It is definately cozy! We will be looking for a house very soon! Now that we have ID's it is much easier to come and go off base (and around base, for that matter.)
Post a Comment