Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursdays triumphs

We got to view our proofs from the Japanese portraits today! We are so excited to share these wonderful portraits. They told us they would be ready in 2 weeks. You will just have to wait! I have instructed Greg to make sure he figures out what is wrong with our scanner between now and then. The portraits are fabulous!

As for other news, I just wanted to share what I have accomplished at swim practice. Now, keep in mind, I am not trying to be Dara Torres, I never was a sprinter, I am swimming meters, not yards, and I am almost 40! We did what Coach Matt calls a "test set" tonight. 6 x 100m on 3:00 best effort swims. My swims: 1st 100 = 1:29 2nd 100 = 1:29 3rd = 1:31 4th = 1:34 5th = 1:35 and 6th and final was 1:33. I was pretty proud of myself! We have another practice swim meet this Saturday where I will swim the 100 IM (again) and 50's in both free and back. I look forward to improving my 100 IM time which was 1:41. I hope to drop it below 1:40. We'll see!

Erika started cheerleading practice this week. In fact, she is somewhere between practice and home at the moment (8:15pm Thursday). Her colors are orange and blue (ugh) but she looks pretty cute in the uniform. They are getting their names embroidered on their tops this week, so I cannot post any pictures yet. You will just have to wait for these, too!

Tinsel Town parade is this Saturday, too. Michael and I will have a busy day with swim meet in the morning, marching in a parade in the afternoon. Can't wait for winter break so life can slow down a bit!

1 comment:

It'smeSusie said...

Go Greg Go, fix that scanner, yea Greg! I think I need to borrow Erika's pom pom's for this. Good job Marsha with your swim times. Go Michael Go, good luck with you swim meet. I think I need a rest with all this cheering. Looking forwards to lots of pictures.