Sunday, December 7, 2008

Swim Meet


Michael and I participated in our monthly practice swim meet at the Dolphin's pool. This time, some Japanese swimmers did participate, so it wasn't just an intersquad meet. Michael got 2nd place in his backstroke and managed to shave 4 seconds off his best time! His breaststroke kick is getting closer to legal. He still throws in a scissors kick every few kicks. (But at least now he doesn't just flutter kick the whole way.) It was Okinawa cold (I say this because all of you living in cold climates probably can't imagine 60 degrees with mild winds as cold, but, when you are used to 80 degrees and are swimming outdoors, the wind was chilly!) I didn't do as well as I had hoped in my 100 IM and actually added 2 seconds. I'm sure there are many reasons why, but I choose to claim that my muscles were too cold! I didn't have times to compare to for my 50 free and 50 back, but I did better than I had hoped in each. (50 free in 37.06 and 50 back in 44.86). Michael & I did not go march in the Tinsel Town parade that afternoon. We decided we would rather stay at home and relax then subject ourselves to the parade.

2 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Good morning Haynes Family, coming in at a temp. of 38 degrees with wind chill of 30 degrees. Baby, it's cold outside!!

Good job Michael! He is just swimming right along. Moving his times down. Ok Marsha, I would agree with you that it was the cold. That is why you had a hard time!! Ha, I would have never gotten in the water, I would have stayed nice and warm in my jacket. :)

By the way I like your clocks, very cool. Your blog is so Christmasy, music and your background, very nice!

Marsha said...

Thanks! I was having fun playing with it.

Michael is becoming quite the fish, just like his mommy! :)