Sunday, August 16, 2009

LegoLand 6/26/09

The first place we went once we got inside LegoLand was called "Kid Power." Erika and Michael had to use their own generated power to get to the top of the tower and then they could float back down. They liked this ride. It was good to see them working together, for once.

Volvo is one of the sponsors for LegoLand and sponsored the next ride that they went on next where they got to get their own driver's license.

Some of the scenary on the driving ride. They are all legos and are amazing!
Driving their lego cars. This ride is not like Autopia cars at Disneyland, they can drive anywhere they wanted to go, but had to maintain the laws of the road (theoretically). They were to stop at stopsigns and stoplights and had to drive on the correct side of the road. (This proved to be difficult for the kids since none of us has particularly gotten used to being back in the states where they drive on the opposite side of the road as drivers do in Okinawa.)

One of the funnier rides to watch was this one where four families compete to be the first to race to a burning building, put out the "fire" and race back to the beginning.
Greg, Erika, and Michael were fast racers, just not very accurate with putting out the fire. They got 3rd place overall.

My favorite part of this amusement park was walking around and taking in the scenary. I sure wish I could take home some of these wonderful lego lighthouses!

Maybe one day, Michael will build me one!



All the vehicles were actually "driving" along the roads within the scenes that were depicted.

Having gotten married in Las Vegas, this area was a familiar and favorite site!








We enjoyed seeing the world landmarks as well, but when we got to the Sydney Opera House, Greg joked that now that I have seen it, I won't need to go see it in person in October. Nice try, Greg, but I can't wait to go there in person! As wonderful as the lego version is, I know it just can't compare to the real thing!

Although Jessy really wanted to be left alone so he could take a nap, it was the time we were allotted to go on the Jungle Safari ride. Jessy wasn't happy, but Michael and I really enjoyed looking at the animals!

The pandas, being my school mascot, were some of my favorite animals we saw!
Michael's favorite animal is the giraffe. He really wants to be a zookeeper when he grows up and he really wants to work with the giraffes.

This is the ultimate combination of Michael's favorite obsessions right now, Star Wars and Legos!

Don't ask me why Erika is hugging Darth Vader. All I can say is this gives you an accurate picture of what her personality has been like lately. Ugh. Will we ever survive the teen years where it is a must to oppose everything sensible?

This picture is for my brother, Dan, who knows why I took it for him. Love ya, Dan.
The Splash Battles ride was a hilarious soaking wet mess! I think we laughed ourselves silly on this ride. The object is to shoot other boats or onlookers with your water canons while trying to avoid being shot by them. I think if the line hadn't been so long, we could have gone on this ride again and again.
We were quite wet by the time we got off the ride, then Greg thought it would be funny to take a picture of us, knowing we were in direct line of fire!
We took over 100 pictures on our trip to LegoLand, so these pictures are just a glimpse of our fun day. I hope you have enjoyed sharing what we saw that day. Maybe one day, I will actually get all of the pictures (or at least all the great ones) in my scrapbook so you can see the rest. In the meantime, if you are ever in Carlsbad, CA, I suggest you take a trip to LegoLand, it's quite a laugh and a world of wonder while you appreciate the work that goes into all the scenery.

2 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Just wanted to let you know Joey loves your Lego pictures!! I told him he has been, just to young to remember it. We hope to make a trip next summer, but go another Lego park closer to our home.

Marsha said...

Good luck! It sure was fun. Can you believe all those years living in Vista, I never went to LegoLand, not once!