Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home!

We are officially in our house and have our first load of stuff and furniture. We even braved going to a Japanese furniture store and somehow managed to custom order curtains for all our bedrooms with a Japanese employee who didn't speak English. Amazing what you can accomplish with patience and really good drawing and pantomiming! They are due to be ready in 2 weeks. I will let you know if we were successful at that time!

The typhoon missed us. We did have some pretty stormy weather with some strong winds, but nothing major.

We have ordered internet, TV, and phone service, but it won't all be added to our home for about 3-4 weeks. Ugh. So, be patient with us. I won't be able to update our blog as often. We are currently using a public domain and plan to put it in our schedule to do this at least every couple of days.

Erika has started her new Girl Scout troop and is so far doing well in school. We are still trying to find the right person to get information so Michael can start Cub Scouts. He loves school and is also doing well. He likes his Spanish and Japanese classes, too. Can you believe my son will be tri-lingual?! Jessy is busy entertaining everyone at our school. The vice-principal comes to visit him when her day gets frustrating just so she can be happy. His teacher and aides love having him in class. He is due to start joining his regular 2nd grade classroom for story time this week. Music, PE, and other activities are to be added soon.

Greg and I are still just working on getting things organized, both at school and at home. We absolutely love Okinawa and are very happy with our home and school lives. This is truly a fantastic adventure and we are enjoying every minute and looking forward to all the things we will get to do here.

2 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Hello Haynes Family, I'm so glad to hear you are all good. Thank you DD for setting my fears at ease. It was nice to talk to you.
I sure hope all your curtains work out for you all. I can just see you tring to explain what you wanted. You go Michael, that is amazing, three languages. Erika, I'm so glad to hear you get to keep going to Girl Scouts. You keep having fun!!

Marsha said...

:) We are having fun!