I went as a chaperone with Erika's Cadette troop to Forest Adventure. We had to have a 2:1 ratio (2 girls to one adult), so I spent the day with Erika and her friend Mikayla. Mikayla is 13 and had been to Forest Adventure before. She was confident. Erika was a bit nervous. But, she was brave enough to try everything (even the scary Tarzan swing) and she had a good time.

On the training course.

This is also part of the training course. Erika says this was the worst part. She did not like walking across that wire.

This is Erika's friend Mikayla. She mostly landed with much more grace than either Erika or I did.

A picture of Erika's lack of grace landings.

She liked this bridge--no chance of falling off!

Mikayla and I both thought her stance was funny. She ran all the ziplines in exactly that same pose (one leg straight, one leg bent.)

The girls loved this bridge! You can't tell by the picture, but Erika is bouncing up and down and the bridge.

Erika on the cargo net that ends the Tarzan swing. She smacked her face into the net and has a rope burn under her eye.

She really struggled to climb off that cargo net, but with encouragement of her friends, she finally made it!

A test of balance on tired muscles (this directly follows the cargo net.) She was very tentative, but I don't blame her.
This trip was the start of a very busy Saturday! We met at the middle school at 8am and returned back home just after noon. I had to be back on base at 1:00 for my Kindergarteners' graduation (that finished at 3:00) and at 4:00, Michael's birthday party began!
1 comment:
Erika what a brave young lady you are. Looks like you had so much fun. Your smile on the zipline sure says it all. What a great time for you.
Marsha what a long, crazy, yet fun day for you. I bet you all are sleep well tonight!!
Post a Comment