Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Highlights

This picture was taken at the Oktoberfest celebration on the Marine Corps base, Foster, at the Officer's club. They had a real german band come to perform. It was lots of fun. Jessy really likes Oompah music! He thought it was funny.



After we ate all that yummy food, we decided we needed to go walk some of it off. So, we went to our first lighthouse in Japan. This one is on Cape Zanpa. Being that all the information is in Japanese, I don't have all the historical details that I normally like to learn about the lighthouses we visit. I will have to do some research. But, I do know that this one is very tall with a 100 steep step climb to the top. My legs were tired! But, oh the view was worth it! You can see the wind in the pictures and it really was a nice day. I really want to go back on a stormy day. Although my eyes and camera were not fast enough to catch the highest splashes, you can see the turmoil the sea is in. Definately can tell why this cape needs a lighthouse to keep sailors safe!

What a great day!

2 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Oh how pretty. It looks so warm. Getting chilly here. Are you going to add first Japanese lighthouse to your lighthouse scrapbook or are you keeping pictures with Japan Scrapbook?? I love all your pictures.

Marsha said...

I think I will keep the lighthouses together in the lighthouse scrapbook. We have the Canadian ones that we saw in the lighthouse scrapbook, too. So, we get to add lots of international ones!

The weather is still warm. In fact, it is still in the 80's here. That is one nice thing about the tropics! I love the warm weather. Even in the winter it only gets down into the high 50's.