Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tri-Ekiden Relay

We just competed in the Tri-Ekiden relay on Camp Hansen. It was a 10K run, 10K bike, and 400m swim. Greg ran, I swam (of course) and our friend Bill did the Bike. I am really proud of Greg. 6 miles is a long way to run! He finished strong and matched his goal of 55 minutes. Overall, we completed it in 1 hour 24 minutes. I'm not sure quite what my exact time was, but I'm pretty sure I completed the swim in less than 7 minutes. We finished in 12th place overall in our category--Co-Ed Road Bikes. I was the last to compete. Found that it is hard waiting that long! But, we had a fun day. So much fun, that I signed up to do the Aquathon on Camp Schwabb on May 31st. It is a 2.5k run, 1k open water swim, 2.5k run. I'm nervous about the run, but it is only a total of 5k (3 miles). I can do it! They have a "drop dead" time of 2 hours 30 minutes. My goal is to complete it before the drop dead time! :) Actually, I hope to finish before 2 hours. We'll see. . . promise to update you after the race! Here are our pics!The start!
Here he comes! (There was a youth division, too.)
Just about 1/2 way done. About to start lap 2.
Off goes Bill!
We had to pass off a sash. Waiting for the Sash.
My turn, finally!
My run wasn't as far as it looks. Just up and around the corner at the end of the first building you see. Had to drop the sash in a bucket and hop in!
The swim was at a 50m pool. Had to zig-zag up and down the lanes. (8 lanes, 8 laps=400m). I passed 3 teams in the pool. You can see me closing in on one in this picture.
The finish. Our time stopped when I touched the wall in lane 8. No run after the swim this time around!
Coming through the maze. All done! Tired, but happy. Do you like my new suit? I do. It works well for these triathalons where I also have to run. It is blue with dolphins swimming across it.
Hope all you had an exciting weekend, too!

2 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Looks like another good race you all ran/swam in. I have to say you guy are amazing. No I'm not looking to go do a tri-anything. But, holy cow, you have done a few of these, and not even in one year yet. Very inpressive!!

Marsha said...

I know, with more to come, too! I am amazed with myself, too. It is fun (who knew I would ever say that about anything other than swimming.)