Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jessy's Home!!!



You would expect the military to stock up on "Welcome Home" balloons, but that was not the case. The "welcome home" balloons were all gone, so I had to quickly decide what to do instead. I think the ocean scene works considering he came home to our beautiful island.

Although Jessy doesn't really care if he has a welcome home cake, I couldn't resist making him a cake. The funny thing was that it smelled so good while it was baking that we couldn't resist having a piece before we went to go pick him up. (We knew they wouldn't want a piece of cake by the time they got home, and we couldn't wait.) We'll share with them today (maybe).
At the airport our joyful reunion. He was very sleepy, so didn't really pay too much attention to me. I did get a small smile before he drifted back off to sleep.
Home and so happy to finally be back in his bed. He has not slept in his bed since the middle of June!! He grabbed his "friends", rolled over, and zonked out!
After a good night's sleep (with only one wake up in the middle of the night) he woke up happy and very playful. He definately was extremely happy to hear our voices and he kept touching our faces. I think he is as happy to be home as we are happy to have him home. We haven't seen each other since August 5th. Hopefully we won't ever have to go that long away from each other again.
We love you, Jessy! Welcome home!!

No comments: