We finished our first week of school! Michael absolutely loves his new class and, of course, his fabulous teacher. Things are coming together in my classroom (although it will all change next week--Kindergarten starts on Tuesday, so my Kinders will start being able to go to their inclusion class.) Greg and Erika are also clicking right along. Erika has again decided that she doesn't want to swim this year. This time, it is because she is wanting to join a club called "Club Zero." Club Zero is a club that teaches kids to use their scientific knowledge to better their environment. It has a science/ecology component. They volunteer at the Okinawa zoo to help feed the animals and clean the area. They also do projects in the environment to beautify and better the neighborhoods. Because of the time commitment, she wouldn't be able to do both Club Zero and Swim Team, but how could I say no? This is great and the kids involved are great!
I have only been at work for 5 days, but have already had to take a 1/2 day off from work! Ugh. I have a very bad ear infection. I had been using swimmer's ear drops, but the infection did not improve, so I had to go to the Doctor to get antibiotics. Yesterday, my ear felt much better, but today it is back to being extremely plugged. I really can't hear a darn thing out of my right ear. It is a strange feeling. I have already been out of the pool for one week and have to stay out for another week. This news, during a time that I was finally back to my strength and speed (after having taken the summer off of my training regimen) and in light of the fact that I have just one more month prior to my big swims at the World Master's Games in Sydney, Australia was definately not what I wanted to hear. But, I am still riding my bike, so at least my legs are getting a good workout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment