I drew the fish in the fishbowl. My students, Yuki and Teisan made the cat and the hat art projects. Here is a picture of Yuki with the door. (Remember, she is autistic, although she was really excited about having her picture taken, it was difficult to get her to look in the right direction. The "thumbs up" is something they have been doing for book reviews. Thumbs up for books they like, thumbs down for those that they didn't like.)
I absolutely adore Yuki. She is so sweet and so cute! She is a second grader who loves pink (to the point that she wears some form of pink clothing every day! She also likes Hello Kitty and all her friends, such as Cinnamaroll, Sugar Bunnies, and Usahana (the characters on her shirt). Here is a picture of the Hello Kitty that I made at Build-a-Bear workshop while Greg and I were in Tokyo. I made it in honor of my Yuki. At the end of this school year, her dad is transferring to a base in Ft. Bliss, Texas. She will be missed. Greatly.
Next, I will take pictures of Teisan. He is adorable, too! I took my camera with the intention of taking pictures during our Fun Friday cooking group. With the mayhem of 7 autistic students (5 kinders, Teisan-1st, and Yuki-2nd grade) I did not manage to get any pictures. Usually our speech teacher comes and helps during this activity, but she was absent this week, so I didn't have the extra help to be able to step back and take pictures (we made "pots of gold" a clear plastic cup with a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream in the bottom, layered with slices of banana--the gold on top of the ice cream, and whipped cream tinted yellow on top of it all.) As you can probably imagine, it was mayhem and a mess waiting to happen. The Mama-San that cleans my classroom must hate Fridays!
1 comment:
Such neat ideas you come up with. Your door is so fun. I like Yuki already, nothing wrong with pink in your day, everyday! Clifford Learns to Read is the book Joey's Kindergarten class got for Read Across America. Another book he is reading to me with a little help, I love it!!! Maybe at the end of the year your class could live your Mama-San a little present for all the clean up she has had to do. Each childs handprints on a gaint card, with a little gift. Just an idea.
Post a Comment