Friday, January 9, 2009

Distance Dare

All I can say is, I DID IT!!!! I finished the 5000m in one hour, 27 minutes. I broke the team record for my age group by 10 minutes!!! Woo-hoo. I am now so tired and sore, I can barely move.

Michael finished 2,200 meters (88 lengths) in the 2-hour time frame. For a first attempt, I am extremely proud of him!! I had guessed he would finish somewhere around 50 lengths, so 88 is quite an accomplishment.

Congratulations to us both!

2 comments:

It'smeSusie said...

Oh my gosh, Congrats to you and Michael!!! That is amazing. Way to swim Michael, you have to be so proud of yourself. To quote Scuttle from The Little Mermaid, "Whoa, what a swim! Ariel" Good job both of you.

Marsha said...

Thanks! I found out today that of all the master's age level records, there are only 7 faster than mine (all younger than me.) Pretty cool, huh!

Michael's 88 laps amazes me. I am so proud!